Monday, December 7, 2009

Leslie


'Leslie' is a very upright double fuchsia I sure is going to make a good tall and strong bush. This is going to be a short post, as the weather here has been unusually cold. It even snowed in the mountains just a couple of miles away. It will probably go below freezing tonight. So I have been running around trying to cover everything that could get damaged. Hopefully, the special cloth I bought for this, will do the job! It is very light and breathable. So the light and air can get through if they need to be under it for a while. It is also what I use for protecting cuttings while they root. I usually don't need to worry about my large established plants. But this year I have almost 75 new varieties and not only are they all younger, I don't know how any of them are going to cope with freezing weather yet. We will see!

No comments: