Tuesday, July 17, 2012

'Autumn Orange' 2012

'Autumn Orange' is one of my personal favorites.  I love the rich colors on this little semi-double blossom.  'Autumn Orange' is now in the direct path of the deer who come through here every night.  She survived freezing this last winter, gophers last fall, and several nibbles by the deer.  Liquid Deer Fence is expensive but very effective if used on a weekly basis when plants are growing fast.  At least once a week, more often if it rains or drizzles, I walk through quickly misting everything.  This has enabled us to even grow a huge vegetable garden out in the open!!  One misstep though, can mean major setbacks.  I missed the new leaves of our young new fruit orchard and in one evening the dear stripped every leaf off of all of them.  Fortunately, I haven't made that mistake again and all are recovering!!

No comments: