Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aintree


'Aintree' is one of the recent additions to my collection which brought the total to 205! There are a few which remain to be properly identified, as they came in the form of cuttings from friends. Sometimes I won't be able to give much information on the varieties I post because I can't find any information about them and they are new to me. 'Aintree' looks like it is going to have a growth pattern similar to 'Ain't She Sweet' and 'Sylvia Barker'. In other words, over time and with pruning, they will grow large. If allowed to grow into their own form, they will be mounding bushes with some branches going straight up. Which is why they are not hanging basket types.


I have neglected this blog for too long! Now that I am trying to add a variety a day to the PlantFiles as DavesGarden.com again, I will also try to add the same one here. Plus I need to continue the entries of the full sized bushes!

No comments: