Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trisha


'Trisha' is so beautiful, what else can I say? This photo is not the best and I am not sure yet whether the slow growth of this bush is my fault or just the way this variety grows. Like a number of the uprights in my collection, this one could also be considered a hanging basket fuchsia as it has a mounding form. But it also has the ability to form a nice thick trunk and can be pruned into a more upright form. A good example of what this technique can do for a bush of this type, is my ten year old Voodoo. It is almost four feet tall and four feet wide now and always in bloom. Trisha suddenly started to grow much faster last year, so this year I am looking forward to a great show! PS, the lower leaves in this photo are a columbine which came up in the pot.

No comments: