Sunday, April 19, 2009

They Are Doing Fine Diane, Look!

I didn't post last week because it was Easter :-)
Before I get to Diane's tray of fuchsia's, I'd like to introduce you to Larry below. Larry was just a cutting less than a year ago. I was venturing way out into the mountains to find my Jerusalem Artichokes, which I bought from a man named Larry. He had a huge old fuchsia bush in his yard. A perfect example of what I consider to be the goal of Pedricks Corner. Re-introducing the big old fashioned, simple flowered, upright fuchsia to gardeners as part of their landscapes instead of those hanging baskets.
He let me take a few cuttings of it and here it is a few days ago! That is a 15 gallon pot there!
Much better photos taken by some friends today will follow, sorry guys, I couldn't wait and went ahead here with one of my own. But I am going to need yours for the website! And I think my business cards too.


Here you are Diane. These are all of your little babies just three weeks later and doing fine!
I can't believe how much better cuttings do in these new trays! I am just stunned! I am not sure if it is all do to the trays and the deeper cones. Or the longer days and warmer weather. All I know is that I am thrilled!
But where is everyone else!?


Here they are! This is the first 2,000 cuttings. Now the oldest are 8 weeks old and are already leaving for new homes. Black Prince is even blooming! We are having a bit of a heat wave here. So I am going to keep them covered for now, even though they are in full shade on the north side of that wall.
Happy Gardening!





No comments: