Saturday, December 6, 2008

Adventures After 50


Some of you know what a varied resume I have, ha, ha! I have had some adventures for sure! Once I even chopped wire for a fake Christmas Tree factory in Denver, Colorado. That is all I did for hour after hour, cut wire!

My current adventure is working in a large warehouse. I took the job because they promised to teach me how to use their cool robotlike forklift!! Here is a photo of me at the top of one of the huge ladders I have to go up and down, over and over and over again all day long.

Who needs a "StairMaster" or a membership in a spa when one can work in a warehouse getting down boxes bigger than yourself?

This ladder is heavy, trust me! And I have to drag it around, up and down the aisles. The bottom doesn't stay up when it is being moved, so you have to hold the lever down with one foot and then skate with the other.

I always did want to learn how to skateboard! Ha, ha!

And it is FREEZING in there this time of year, so I am bundled up so well I look twice my size.

I had a talk with the guy who gets to drive the cool forklift the other day, and he has promised to get me started on that. We will see.....

I keep telling myself that this is all just material for my future book.

No comments: