Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gordon's China Rose - Bush


'Gordon's China Rose' is a small leaved compact bush which will probably attain some height over the years with pruning. And this will be my goal. Meanwhile, it has a wonderful little double blossom on it and fits nicely in between another bush much like it 'Dollar Princess' and the much larger 'Mood Indigo.'

This time of year, the garden is gearing up to go full throttle and I am also hunting down new varieties to add to the collection. Which is currently at 148 varieties! I am specifically looking for the older cultivars which were hybridized here in the states prior to the 1950's. It seems like many of those are going to be hard to find.

To facilitate this search, I have created a searchable database with over 1500 upright varieties in it and as much information on each one as I could find. You will be able to search by sepal or corolla or height or year of introduction, etc! The new website to access this database is named "AListOfFuchsias.info." As that is all it will be, information for us fuchsia fanatics!

In other words, more often than not, for the time being, I may not be able to post here everyday. When the new website it up and running, I'll post a link to it here.

No comments: